Monday, January 18, 2010

Playing Again

I´m so greatful for having a ridinghouse. It started to snow again over night and it was freezing cold.
When I got to the stable I took Milva out to let her eat a bit of hay. While I was gone the other people in our pasture decided to give the horses 8kg of hay a day. 3kg in the morning and 5kg in the evening. Sounds good in theory. Malin said that her horses are getting 8kg. Just they also get grain 3 x a day and they live in boxes and not outside. Another thing to consider is that when you feed a horse in a box the horse will get all the food shich our horses don´t. One horse eats faster than another one. Milva is a very slow eater and Orkan for example eats fast.
Oh well, I will just feed her outside the pasture and I will start feeding her grain again as well.
I started to clean out the stable a little bit but was getting so irritated so I stopped again. It´s sure nice to have a big bedding for them to sleep in. Just they don´t have a try spot to stand on right now. When the horses sink in with their hooves they stand in the wet bedding and when they run around in it all the wet stuff is coming up. It looks try and cosy on the top but it is not cause horses are heavy and sinking down with their hoovs.
I mean it´s not like that our horses are just going to the bedding for laying down.
I know I am a perfectionist when it comes to horses and especially when it comes to Milva. I´m almost never satisfied when other people do something. It´s not their fault. I´m sure they are doing the best they can do. But I can´t help it - it is not good enough for me.
Anita is a little bit like me and doing the very best for Orkan. I can rely on her and Helene to take care of Milva and the stable when I´m gone. But the rest...no, deffinitely not.
Well, enough complained. Complaining is never helping only actions are going to make a change. I just had to vent for feeling better...
Milva and I had a fun playsession. She was breeding fire and leaping and flying in the air like a dragonhorse. She was very expressive and exuberant today.
It was super fun to watch her but I´m sure glad I didn´t sit on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment