Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Days Are Long But The Years Are Short

aka time flies when you are having fun...and in my case even the days are way too short.
So much to do so little time...
Summer returned to Sweden and we have spending our afternoons on the beach and doing lots of fun stuff - not horserelated, like picking blueberries and raspberries, having lunch at the "Tomaternas hus" in Vallåkra where I ate the best tomatoe pie ever and afterwards we visited a huge antic place and it felt like being in a musuem except you could actually buy all the things. I love antics!
Last Sunday we got invited to Johan´s friends down in Malmö and met a bunch of nice, intelligent people. It was super fun and stimulating!
Of course I have been playing with Milva almost every day as well. Yesterday it was really hot here and I was at the barn very late. After having swedish chocolate cake with the girls I played for a little while with the pony and came home at 10.30pm. It was still a bit ligth when I left the stable and fairly warm outside. It was marvellous!
Mostly we are playing with level 4 tasks with the sadle on and by the end of the sessions I usully put my foot in the stirrup and wait for her to relax.
Milva is still super sensitive when I put my foot in. No progress with the green ball yet. I can have all kind of other stuff on her back though like the big white plastic wrap from the hay. No sitting on her though before she accepts the ball...
I´m waiting for the grass to get cut and then I will try to tape my level 4 audition. She has been doing flying leadchanges with the sadle on as well but it´s still a bit hard to maintain canter for several laps. It just doesn´t make sense to her...lol...

1 comment:

  1. Cool!!! I can't wait to see pictures of you on Milva after you guys read the new books and you get Milva comfortable with the ball:) Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete