Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cold Wave In Skåne


picture taken in January
-15 this morning, but that didn´t stop me from playing with the ponnies.
With Milva warm up online cause there was a second person in the ridinghouse. I guess the weather didn´t stop her either.
I took the oportunity and asked Milva to lay down exactly next to me without wandering off or scraping the ground too much and the A-student she is, of course she followed my request and flopped down at the requested spot - awesome pony!
After the lady had left we played at liberty, sideways, backing up, spins and figure 8s in trot - super engagement from her side and we finished with cirlcing game in which she mutated to an arab again for a few minutes and she was punking around behind my back - bucking and flipping her head.
After she bucked behind my back a few times in a row I turned around when she was about to do it the next time and scared the s*** out of her.
The only thing I did was to turn around and she flew up in the air with all four legs and then took of in galopp squeeking and bucking - too funny.
After that she behaved like a super student again though and gave me some very nice circles in trot and one change of direction in trot and then a few more circles on the other lead.
I rode Orkan today again and we started where we finished of the last time. He is such a super smart boy as well and sure reminds me more and more of Milva.
He is starting to offer more and more and asking more and more questions.
He totally understands the point of the question box now.
I could ride figure 8s without touching the rein and then he offered alot of stopping and backing up - too funny me think. I also rode lots of circles without touching the rein and change of direction and follow the trail. He was blowing out lots of air and stretching nicely downwards and his steps got bigger and bigger and I could feel his back coming up - way awesome!
Now I can´t wait to start Milva under the sadle!

2 comments:

  1. All VERY cool! Even in the yucky cold! Great for you guys!!! XOXOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så härligt att du blir sugen på att rida Milva, då har vi åstadkommit något positivt i alla fall.
    Tänk på våra långa skrittrundor till sommaren!

    ReplyDelete