Saturday, February 18, 2012

Eventing Training In Böckeberga With Anita & Orkan



I followed Anita and Orkan to Böckeberga today for their eventing training. It took a little over an hour to get there and Orkan is just awesome in the trailer. You don´t even feel that a horse is standing there behind.
Both did an awesome job at the training. They truly were the most harmonious couple there and Orkan was just super calm and jumped all the fences without hesitation and ears forwards.
I got very upset over on rider though who was really very unfair to her horse and to be honest I didn´t like the trainer either.
When one rider fell off and the horse ran around the trainer catched the horse and then pulled on the bit very hard a couple of times. Why oh why??? I don´t get it! Wouldn´t it be more logical to reward the horse after coming towards you instead of punishing??
Don´t people get it that punishing a prey animal never works??
Another rider rode a 3,5 year one. Same question again - why? And then people wonder why there horses go lame, have pain in the backs,....
With Milva 25min walking in the ridinghouse due to heavy rain and other people being in the ridinghouse I couldn´t do anything else.
Now I´m continuing my busy evening with finishing my english muffins and cream of mushroom soup for Shawn. You can´t buy those things here so homemade it is.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nice words and for the help today, specially when I get nervous.
    Now I'm getting hungry when i see the picture of food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why pull on their mouth, that is so bad. Poor horse. Orkan looked great, wow he can jump!!!

    WOW, your food looks awesome!!! Your english muffins look perfect!!!!! Shawn will be a happy man!!! xooooxxx

    ReplyDelete