Saturday, February 11, 2012

Blissfull Morning


What a difference 8 hours sleep make! Putting my foot down about the feeding situation was one of the best things I have done.
I happily enjoyed my morning coffe in the company of Pat and Linda and December´s Mastery Manual. Peaceful, stressfree and blissful!
Still do not understand the reasoning of the stable owner but there is no sense in rumbling over things, people and situations you can´t change or have any influence over.
Like Shawn and my Dad are saying, I´m simple too nice so it´s easy for people to use me and soemtimes I´m just too blue eyed and don´t see through people.
I guess it´s a fine line between being used and helping sincere, equaly nice people.
I went to the stable around 10.00 a.m. Took Milva for a 25min walk and left again.
Milva was her lovely, mild self except for one "Oh boy" moment. That moment accured when all three herds came stompeding towards us on the way home.
Milva´s head and tale went up in a split second and she snored like a dragon. Without thinking much I used a very effective phase 4 and that was the end of that story and she behaved appropiate afterwards.
Thinking about yesterday, we ran into some problems with circling to the right again. No problems online but at liberty she would switch lead again. I thought about being smart and using a corner for small circles to the right. Well, that didn´t work. She would still take off to the left instead and when I tried to squeeze her through she got pretty tight. How interesting. Back to online and no problem. Hm.
In the end I asked her for small circles at liberty around me - very tight ones to the right and when she lowered her head and relaxed I stopped.
Very interesting session indeed.

1 comment:

  1. True you are to nice and helpfull. I'm so glad that you taken care of my and the other horses in our herd. You did right and i hope you can take som wunderful mornings at home not stressing ut to the horses. I don't think all your readers know what a wonderful horsefriend you are.
    You should have a scollorship to Parelliacademi because you are a trough and good representant for Parelli. Love you from Me and Orkan

    ReplyDelete