Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Name Is Earl


one of my favourite shows. Milva reminds me of Earl, he has always his eyes closed in pictures as well. Just like Milva. I don´t know how many pictures I have of her having her eyes closed.
Yesterday I had my 9th day at work, due to two extrashifts it turned out to be a long long week, but now I´m off 5 days and then I only work 2 days and then 3 weeks of and maybe maybe we can tape my freestyle level 3 audition.
I took two walks with Milva today 2 x 25min.
The first one was involuntary. Dupont went through the fence and had a hell lot of fun in the big field. I was worried if I would put Milva back in the turnout that the horses would join Dupont´s chase. I already could picture all three turnout herds stampeding around.
Instead I marched of in the opposite direction and hoped Dupont wouldn´t see us and follow us. I did alot of z5 driving which is the perfect preparation for our future trailrides.
After our warm up I played 30min at liberty in the ridinghouse. Very nice close range circles to the right. I really thing she is getting uncertain of herself on the right lead and that´s why she changes direction. I made a point out of leading her lots on the right side while walking, which I think might helped too.
Close range circles are no problem anymore anyway to the right so now I´m gonna start asking her to make them a little bit bigger every day without pushing it.
Very nice troting circles to the left and some canter as well. She totally stays connected with me all the time and I only need to use a very light phase 1 for transitions. Way cool!
She got a bit sassy in the canter but that´s alright for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment