Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year´s Eve & Bomb Proof Milva

After spending all morning in the stable, letting Milva eat and talking to Anita, Patrica and Malin, I went back there this evening to play with Milva and to tuck in the horses for the night.
It´s a nice mild evening here today even though it´s very foggy, but hi, who is complaining, at least it´s not raining nor storming for a change.
I haven´t played anything with Milva the last little while - besides the liberty audition but I made up a plan now for the future and for how to build up to our level 4 liberty and online audition.
Anita gave her green light for me to use Orkan for my freestyle level 3 and 4 audition. How awesome is that! I´m looking forward to learn alot from him which will help me with Milva.
There are alot of fireworks going on around the stable but the horses don´t seem to mind that much. The foals of course were a bit spooked when I came there but soon did like the older horses do and chilled.
When I walked with Milva to the ridinghouse someone shot alot of fireworks and firecrackers of, she put her head up and looked like a true Trakehner but remained calm. I so understand why this horsebreed has been prefered by the military for so many centuries.
I started our little session with liberty. It always amazes me how reactive she is to my small body movements, now I just have to learn to tune them down even more.
Our liberty session was followed by our first longreining session since along time and then we finished with circling game on the 45´line. All my shorter ropes are broken - the 22´and the 12´so I´m forced to use the 45´ all the time.
Longreining we worked on follow the rail which is more challenging than I thought, but isn´t it always that way in the beginning. As soon as Milva understands what I expect of her it´s gonna be a piece of cake. I used my feathelines of the longreining and like them very much. We also did shoulders in for the first time on the long side of the ridinghouse and it worked perfectly. Smart pony!
In the Circling game I´m only planning on to ask her to walk for a while to build up her muscles and upper line and shape. I focused on to keep her engaged and to shape her body around me like Kristi said I should do. It worked pretty well for most of the time. Milva walked on the end of the 45´all the time and she kept up her responsibilities of maintaining gate and direction. 10 laps to the left and 10 to the right with some walk - stop transitions. Pure pleasure to play with the munsch!

No comments:

Post a Comment