Friday, December 9, 2011

Observe, Remember, Compare


Tom Dorrance once said, 'You can learn anything with these three words – observe, remember, and compare.' He said that beyond that, learn to adjust to fit the situation. That always meant so much to me. The last time I was around Tom, he said, 'Don’t treat them like they are. Treat them the way you’d like them to be.' At the time, I didn’t know whether he was talking about horses or people. Later, I realized that he was talking about both. I remind myself of that from time to time. Because sometimes, people might come into a clinic defensive, scared, upset, or emotional. The best part of the person isn’t gonna come out the first day. But if I do my part and help them along, I get an opportunity to see the best part of the person as time goes by." - Buck Brannaman

2 comments:

  1. Så kloka ord. Kan tänka mig att många får det lättare i en svår stund tack vare dig och att du kan klara ditt jobb med mer glädje.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Love it! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete