Monday, September 29, 2014

Preparing for winter


Peter, Veronica and Markus, the heart and soul of the jumping competition. All three have put in late nights all week long to prepare and plan.                                                                                             Yesterday evening we picked up two loads of hay - 87 balls. Markus was so nice to volunteer to help cause naturally I'm not allowed to carry anything heavy. We are gonna make another hay drive on Friday evening. I'm so pleased and happy about feeding with hay again and not silage. Milva is doing much better on hay and I still think that silage is not good nor natural for horses. We never fed silage in Austria nor in Canada. When I tell people about it there they all shake their head and comment - why? That's cow food! Interestingly they don't have problems with laminitis, Cushing or colic. I definitely feel that I'm back on the right track again!

No comments:

Post a Comment