Saturday, December 22, 2012

Freestyle


Riding is going very well with the natural hackamore and without - only using a savvy string around her neck. I´m not using the saddle right now mostly because I still think it´s a pain in the ass to saddle with. It´s so big, heavy, bulky and it takes forever to get the theraflex pad right.
Don´t get me wrong, I still love the Natural Performer - who wouldn´t. It´s just I´m a spoiled dressage girl who is not used to such big saddles.
Riding with the bareback pad is super fun though and I love to feel Milva so close underneath me so I will continue with it for a while and see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Try to use your saddle once and while when you can. I much prefer my bareback also. I figured I had to get used to a saddle someday. So I only rode in my saddle for a while now. Life was great. Now for fun I went back to my pad and wow I feel like I could fall off, because I got so used to stirrups. So now I will make myself go back and forth between the 2 things trying to keep them both balanced and comfortable:) Have fun either way for sure!!!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been riding bareback until I can find the right saddle for Rydel and I have to say I love it. Rydel is so much more responsive. It will be hard for me to go back to a saddle but I know it is better for her back that way.

    ReplyDelete