Sunday, September 16, 2012

Preparing for our level 4 online audition aka REALITY CHECK



ok, this is the longreining part. I´m quiete satisfied with it but not a 100% because we have been doing better. What I wanna change is the lay down - she is hesitating too long in the beginning which takes too long time, after all you only have 10minutes for the audition right.
Then I wanna have sideways over the barrels, which I skipped because it´s not always sure she is doing it immediately - not from z5 anyway. I also wanna have the weavepatterns in trot and then go over to canter directly after the weavepatterns and do more of canter - trot transitions. The jump I wanna have me in z5 and not z3 or z4.
I didn´t even bother to add the circling game with the leadchanges cause they are a disaster. I have two versions. The first one she stops directly after doing a leadchange and comes in for a cookie - be aware of what you teach your horse...lol....so yes, I have leadchanges, both leads several times with a happy Milva coming in every single time...lol
The second version I asked her to continue, which of course Milva didn´t agree to, no cookie - me going crazy...lol....so she through a flying dragon Milva tantrum instead.
So no, after doing a reality check I don´t think we will submit our level 4 online just yet...lol....but me being positive, I think we can retape it very soon. Small adjustments and we should be there....
Plan for the upcoming week is to play more with figure 8s and build in the leadchange there which will make it easier for the Milva pony to continue on the pattern. Me think...anyway...

2 comments:

  1. Så roligt och inspirerande att se hur ni gör. Jag blir sugen att fortsätta lite mer med långa tyglar jag också.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ska beställa flera böker om longreining nu för jag har faktiskt ingen aning hur man gör riktigt - därav det suddiga resultatet. men det kommer nog bli bra. visst är det himmla roligt med long reining.

    ReplyDelete