Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Clapton The Autobiography


Clapton: The Autobiography is a book all about Eric Clapton, from his days as a member of the Yardbirds and Cream to his solo career. Eric talks about his addictions, drug and alcohol. He talks about Pattie Boyd and his obsession for her. He speaks of his road to recovery which is sure to inspire anyone who has an addiction and the crossroads that led him to his recovery. Clapton talks about some hobbies he does with his spare time, from collecting art to fishing. This is an autobiography unlike a lot of others where the subject tries to dazzle and impress you, but rather, Clapton the Autobiography is where he bares his soul and instead of trying to impress he is being real.

"I  found a pattern in my behavior that had been repeating itself for years, decades even. Bad choices were my specialty, and if something honest and decent came along, I would shun it or run the other way.”

One of the best books I´ve ever read. I know I say that alot...but Eric´s book is one of those I just LOVE! I have to admit that I´m not that interested in music and we got the book because Shawn wanted to read it who is a big Clapton fan and really into music in general. In lack of any other books to read I started this one and I was spellbound from page one.
Clapton is a genius, a perfectionist and the real deal.
I can identify myself with some parts of the book which was an eyeopener to say the least.
My dad always says to be aware of the thin line between genius and insanity. So very true...

No comments:

Post a Comment