Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Play




2 hours in the morning
3 hours in the evening
In the morning we got rained on and because I didn´t wear the right clothes and had my phone on me I had to quit playing. We still played while it drizzled but then the sky opened and it poured down on us. Milva thought it was a brilliant idea to just stand there and turn her back against the rain. I didn´t agree with her though and I literally had to push her sideways all the way up to the stable. Porcupine extreme I would call it. As soon as I stopped pushing her she would turn her back against the rain again and just stand there. I tried to lead her as well but that didn´t work either. We must have looked pretty funny.
We had really lovely weather this evening though so I took a second trip to the stable and played some more.
I asked her to lay down once this morning which was the best one so far cause she did it right next to me and I only had to bend over slightly and she laid down and waited.
I asked her two times more this evening. The first time it took a bit longer and she started to wander off again and laid down with her back to me, the second time was ok though. But hi, I shouldn´t be to particular yet I guess. We are only doing it for a month now and perfection does take some time.
I also asked her to spin at liberty with the rope on her back. We didn´t do that for a while and I could see in her face how she was thinking in the beginning. Too darn cute!
Backing up from z 5 - standing 3 m behind her also took a bit longer in the beginning but then she started to put some real effort in it again.
Squeeze game over a little jump in trot. I would love to have a little jump in the audition but Milva really is not a jumping horse. Well, she never refuses to go over it but she doesn´t put much effort in it either. It sure looks like she is dressaging over it. Elegantly raising her little hooves and giving me a look afterwards. But we have this super fun - well, I think it looks like fun, blue and yellow gate jump which isn´t so high and has no poles on the side, just a gate so to speak which would be perfect for the audition cause the rope cannot get tangled in it. Oh Milva...
More circling game, which was really good. 15 circled to the left and to the right in trot. Played with the circling game a few times with grazing breaks in between. Asked her to canter once which ended with her being airborne again. I didn´t ask her a second time cause I just had the 22´rope with me and it´s easier for to canter on the 45´rope - so tomorrow maybe.

1 comment:

  1. De tycker ju att det är underbart med regn just nu :-)) Ha en bra dag!

    ReplyDelete