Monday, January 9, 2012

Quick Update

The abscess could not be located yet. Ferrier will be back on thursday. He found something very little and cleaned it out but according to her lameness something bigger is in there - just not ready to pop yet.
And no Miss Milva did not cooperate, or after a while she did but not in the beginning and the sedation I got from the vet was not very effective. It took 40min to see some reaction which lasted 5min. The medicine I used was Sedatine and when I read the prescription it said for moderate sedation - æhm, there is nothing moderate about Milva that´s for sure.
The vet was a new girl that started to work for out old vet and hasn´t met Milva before. She didn´t believe me that that nice soft looking horse would make troubles for the ferrier and then she asked if she could have a look at the hoof. I told her if she is able to pet Milva she can give it a try but I have my doubts. Her answer was that horses loved her and she never has any problems. Yeah sure. Making the story short - no, Milva did not give her permission to touch her and didn´t even sniff her hand nor did she take the carrot the vet offered. Well, Milva is Milva, she sure has her own ideas.
Surprisingly she kind of likes the new/old ferrier though. She did give him some troubles but in the end she stood there with the rope on the ground sniffing his bum all the time and checking out what he was up to.
Sure hope the abscess is poping soon and she is gonna be ok.

4 comments:

  1. Just found you googling parelli blogspots blogger... So glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she ate this evening as nothing hapend but she think its sooo pore Milvis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear! I so wish this would heal fast for both of you:) Lots of love from us!!! XOXOO!!

    ReplyDelete