Monday, April 2, 2012

Riding Orkan & Liberty Milva


pretty Orkan, picture stolen from Anita without permission ;)

Fun liberty session with Milva yesterday. Change of direction in trot at liberty and some nice canter circles leftlead. Rightlead was bit of a challenge and I was satisfied with a few canter strides. Her head goes up and she gets easily tensed.
Anita came later and helped me to ride Orkan. How privileged am I to ride such a fun horse! With Anita´s help cantering was much easier. Now I only have to learn to stay in balance and keep my legs long. Sitting trot can be a challange too cause Orkan has those big strides.
On top of my posture challenges I still have to get used to the NP. The transition from a dressage sadle to a western sadle may take longer than I expected ;). I have to admit that my bum hurts after riding cause the Natural Perfomer is not the most softest sadle I ever sat in. In fact it´s the most hardest sadle I ever rode in...lol. Also it´s so wide I feel my hips are stretched to a maximum. I still love the sadle though but I think for today I will ride bareback or use my bareback pad ;).

2 comments: