Thursday, April 19, 2012

Leadchange Puzzle

The only piece we are missing before I can film our level 4 online/liberty audition is flying leadchanges. That´s what we are working on now...
As a Sagittarious I don´t find anything complicated, impossible or to hard to do. I´m still very positive about solving the puzzle in a short time ;).
On Tuesday I worked on a Million transitions and change of direction to get a simple lead change. In my head it was very simple but somehow I blew up Milva anyway which resultet in her bucking for 3 laps running like a maniac. I didn´t do anything about it though and just waited for her to get it out of her system whatever bugged her and after she came in I sat down on the ground and did some thinking. Coming up with a new plan I asked for slow trots and slow canter and lots of transitions - always looking for relaxations as soon as I saw her getting worried I slowed down and when she got her devious look I speeded her up.
Oh man, did I ever needed to think and react fast - almost too much for a lbi like me ;). The result was stunning and awesome though - flow, is the right word that describes it!

Yesterday I played with Cornelia and her mum Anette again. It took Milva and me some time to concentrade. Milva was in a complete awww to see those other horses and just stood there and watched and you could see her thinking.
I played with longreining - walk and trot transitions and different obstacles. Sideways over the blue barrels from z5 and going through the carwash. I modified it a bit since the last time and cut the plastic in stribes. It´s still a more difficult obstacle though cause it´s pretty low and  the horses actually have to duck down to go underneath it. Sure a good exercise though.

4 comments:

  1. WOW, sounds like you guys are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I’m a lady rider from Milan, Italy.
    Nice blog =)
    You’re always welcome into my show-jumping World:
    ♥♥♥ http://www.iconadeironchi.com ♥♥♥
    Keep in touch:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/sv/blog/2264704/icona-dei-ronchi

    ReplyDelete