Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fun Day With Sofie

Sofie came down for a visit today! It was super fun and inspiring to hang out with another Parelli gal!
Sofie arrived before lunch. We had some tea at home and talked about Parelli and watched some parts of the celebration dvd. Sofie is going to the fast track course in Colorado in june - so freaking awesome!! And really good for me! I already got alots of facts today about the course which I didn´´t know before. Sofie is a big help!
For lunch we went to Mamma Theresa a very nice pizzeria in Landskrona - my favourite pizzeria. They just use high quality incredients for their cooking which makes all the difference!
After a short visit at Shawn´s shop we went to visit Milva. My plan was to have a rehearsal before filming tomorrow but the ridinghouse was occupied with other riders again so I couldn´´t built up the whole course as I wanted to. We put some cones in the middle line though and Sofie showed me how to do the weave pattern right. We also did some figure 8 but The Milvs was going punky today and had her own ideas how to do the figure 8. She is such a clown!
Sofie explained to me that I have to get z2 more out and voila the figure 8s worked again. It´s not that Milva doesn´t know how to do them it´s more that she is bored with them now and making up her own games instead. I can´t blame her. We have done them way too often so it´s time to move on to something more exciting now.
My french sister Sophie gave me a great idea today. She had a lesson with a Parelli instructor today and learned how to do the weave patterns backwards :). I will try that with Milva next week.
We also played a little bit with the green ball but with having other riders in the arena I didn´t want to do too much.
It was fun to watch Sofie play with Milva! As you all know I´m very picky with who is allowed to touch or play with The Milvs. With Sofie it felt good and natural. She can read horses and I didn´t have to explain things cause being another Parelli gal she knows the deal. It was so easy and it felt right.
I also didn´t need to feel stupid - well, there should never be a reason for feeling stupid anyway but boarding in a stable with "normals" the reality looks different. So anyway, it felt good to just play and not to think about what the other ones are thinking. A Parelli person knows the importance about not to do anthing in some situations or how important it is to wait for the licking and chewing! It´s hard to understand for "normals" sometimes. "Normals" - I would rather call us Parelli people "normal" ;)
I booked the ridinghouse for 18.00 tomorrow so we can film. I thought Shawn can film us playing. Not sure if we do a real audtion. I would like to get filmed on a regular basis now so I can see our progress and what to improve.

6 comments:

  1. Hej
    Det var riktigt skoj att komma och hälsa på er å Milva var ju en sådan söt liten tjej. Riktigt skoj, vi får ses snart igen.
    Kram

    ReplyDelete
  2. visst är hon en sötis :), det var riktigt kul att du kom ner! vi ses i slutet av februari pa lekdagen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. För min del för du gärna kalla mig onormal för det är ju det vi alla hästgalningar är om man frågar icke hästmänniskor. Så om du eller Perelli människor anser mig vara onormal så är det kanske ett beröm för mig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eftersom du redan ägar ditt eget parelli dvd anita är du lika onormal eller normal som vi andra ;). dem som är inte normala är dem som inte tar ut sina hästar till en grimskraft promenad eller inte ridar dem i grimskraft med grimman pa den ena sidan och har en galen liten pony som handhäst eller bara är ute efter tävlingsresultater... ja, du vet vad jag menar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodå jag vet hur du menar och jag vet att många har en massa konstiga åsikter om allt och alla andras i stället för att faktiskt LÄRA sig något av varandra. Jag glömde skriva *skratt* i inlägget ovan för det är rätt skönt att kunan vara sig själv.

    Jag förstår inte alls det där med att rida utan träns och sadel och dessutom ha en handhäst (som inte alls är galen). Det är ju farligt *asgarv*

    Fy vad jobbigt att behöva arbeta, jag är helt slut! Tur i oturen att sommarvinden skada sig just nu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. din sommarvind var mer en vinterstorm idag ;)
    tyckte det var bättre för där du inte jobbade och var hemma istället - i stallet :)
    ses kanske i helgen

    ReplyDelete