Thursday, June 16, 2011

Milda Milva




4 hours of online play with lots of grazing and scratching
I focused on our circling game today and only did a little bit of sideways away from me in all 5 zones and towards me using the 45 foot line.
We played on the big field beside the turn out stable. The grass got cut last weekend and made into hay wrap. I started out playing on the 22 foot line but Milva was calm and collected so switched over to the 45 foot line.
Milva was doing really well and circling on the big field was super fun.
What I liked was:
-when we have our little breaks and she is grazing I just have to engage her hindquarters and she follows with me back to the field
-I don´t need to trag her back to the field - it sure pays off that I start and finish every session with scratching her favorite itchy-spots, cause she follows me happily with her ears forwards
-she doesn´t try to eat while circling or when I ask her to stop on the circle
-she doesn´t try to eat when I ask her to come in but instead patiently stands there with me and cuddles
-she responds to slightest suggestion from me speak I straighten my body and raise my arm and she trots, I switch the carrots stick under the rope to the other hand and she stops and looks at me
-she used the whole rope and trotted on the end of the 45 foot line with her ears forwards now and then asking a question if she could come in
-she offered canter once and cantered for half a circle relaxed and with a nice pace ( I did forget to look if she cantered on the right lead though - mental note for tomorrow)
-she loved to cuttle when standing with me in the middle and put her head to my belly and I hugged her with both arms around her head and she would just stand there totally still and closing her eyes - what a sweetie.
She sure was very mild and relaxed today. I´m totally greatful to Billy´s mum for writing about those short sessions she got recommended on her last clinic. They sure make a big difference for my little lbi - and to me as well. It´s fun to play now!

6 comments:

  1. Härligt hästande! Heja! Milda Milva och milda Marion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det här låter härligt! Jag tycker också att korta pass med massor av kliande fungerar på Dorado också. Han vill gärna fortsätta vara med mig då. Insekter är inte så dumt så att kliandet blir extra skönt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insekterna är mina vänner också. Manno är ingen mysare, förutom på sommaren när han vill bli kliad på alla bett!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Det låter fantastiskt :-) Milda Milva, M&M hihi, rund och god ;-)))

    ReplyDelete