Saturday, October 4, 2014

Schnitzel & whiskey & picking up hay



Peter and Markus picked up more hay yesterday evening so now we have 1,5 ton in the stable and we have booked 2,5 ton more. I think that should bring us over the winter. The horses are still out in the lake pasture and according to the weather forecast they can probably stay there a while longer and eat grass. I stayed at home and cooked schnitzel for the guys. I only can walk that far until those two cysts starts reminding me to take it easy. They are not dangerous though and according to the doctors quite common in my age, every third woman has them. They are only disturbing when you are pregnant and causing me lots of pain. As long as they don't disturb our baby I can live with them though.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! I looked up schnitzel to see what was cooking. Sounds like our Country fried steak or some call it chicken fried steak. Anyway sounds good. What do you serve with it? We normally have mashed potatoes, cream gravy and vegetables. Just wondering.
    Glad the cysts aren't dangerous.
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nita :), it's an traditional Austrian dish, the proper name is Wiener schnitzel. Usually you eat it with cooked and then fried potatoes with parsley or fries and Dallas of course. The breading is made out of flour, egg and crumbled bread. Yeah, I'm glad too that the cysts are not dangerous

    ReplyDelete