Sunday, September 4, 2011

Morgenarbeit

Just got home from my morning session. It sure is nice to be on vacation and have that much time to spend in the stable.
Warmed up with a bit of liberty - sideways, back up, stick to me.
Our circling game became a pattern as well. We start slow with lots of change of direction and walk - stop transitions. "You wanna go slow - me too."
Lots of breaks with scratching her. Milva chews and yawns alot through the whole session. I really try to give her lots of time to process and to take it slow - always keeping "Buffalo Bill´s blog" in mind, her blog actually helped me alot.
After doing some troting in both directions on the end of the 45´rope it´s time for another break with more scratching and lots of licking on her side - she also licks me alot all over.
When I ask her the next time to circle she starts to canter by herself - she has done that now for a few days. But always just one circle and then she comes in with her ears forwards and licks and chews alot - another break and more scratching. Then I ask her again to circle and she usually starts to canter by herself as soon as she is out on the circle and canters nice and slow, in an uphill form with her ears forwards. Today she did 3 circles before she came in - I was just about to ask her in but unfortunately she was faster. Lots of scratching again and then I asked her for a last time time to canter - this time I actually asked her and she responded on a light phase 1 BUT she had her ears back, made a snake neck and a dragon face and stomped around. It was by no means a light canter. But at least she didn´t buck or galop around like a maniac which she used to do before all the time.
When her face softened a little bit I asked her in and called it a day.
She looked pretty relaxed when we walked to the stable with her head down.
I´m going back there in the afternoon to play a bit more in the big sandpaddock.

No comments:

Post a Comment