Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Second Ride

I got rather late to the stable today - around 9.30, cause I needed to help Shawn with his studies. Which didn´t give me much time to use the ridinghouse cause the twins start to train their comepetition horses around 10.30 and occupy the ridighouse until 2.30.
I asked them if I can use the ridinghouse to 10.30 and told them I would ride Milva so they knew what was going on. ´
I don´t want to ride her with other horses in the beginning. Mostly because I´m afraid that the other horses could spook about something and would make Milva spook too. I had that happen one time and don´t need it a second time.
When I entered the ridinghouse I found several fences built up which I used for my warm up. I played the squeezegame over them and stick to me in walk and trott at liberty. A little bit of circling game which was good again - she kept her responsibilites and I didn´t had to remind her once. I´m still in awww about that.
Then I switched to the Natural Hackamore and we did stick to me to the mountingblock where she placed herself right in front of it by doing the sideways game and then she widened her front legs to keep in balance when I mount. It looked to funny when she did that - all done with a very concentrated face which she kept for all 5min of riding.
We did walk - stop transitions, stoping with the ssss-sound without using the rein which works fine so far and the she start to walk when I click with the tongue once, twice is for trotting which we haven´t done yet under the saddle ;). If I look in one direction and move my upper body she is turning. I haven´t used my legs on her yet.
Helene came by to watch again and to keep an eye on us which was really nice - coming all the way for 5 minutes.
So what I found out so far is that Milva is super sensitive to my movements in the saddle and if I´m not clear she is getting frustrated and angry. It doesn´t take much to move or stop her nor to turn her. Everything is just a slight phase 1.
I kind of wish she wouldn´t be that sensitve but of course it´s a good thing so I also hope it stays that way. I just have to get used to it. She also is super concentrated and tries to do everything right. Her face expression is too funny, you really can see how concentrated she is.
I started two horses under the saddle before. Tjelvar, my warmblood I had when I lived in Austria, who moved with me to Sweden. But Tjelvar was by far not that sensitive as Milva. And then there was Superior Example aka Rambo, the Appendix I had when I lived in Canada. But also he was by far not that sensitive as Milva.
For tomorrow I have planed undemanding time and if it´s alright with Milva I will try another ride on friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment