Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lots of Riding

Riding every second day now and in between we play online, liberty or go grazing.
Freestyle:
-follow the trail with transition walk - stop - back up - without picking up the rein, especially proud of the backing up were I only need to use a very light phase 1, speak I only need to wiggle my legs a tiny little bit and she backs up,  to walk on I only need to bring up my energy a little bit and of she walks - not using any legs to make her go forward, pretty good me think. Stopping is always easy, I only need to say sss and she stops.
-figure 8s without picking up the rein
-weave patterns without picking up the rein
Which works most of the time unless she gets destrected by something - like, oh look a pile of poop, but when we have enough connection it´s going perfectly.
-sideways, over a pole and without a pole. When straddling a pole sideways she doesn´t want to cross her hindlegs that´s why I chose to do more sideways without a pole - that´s now the Parelli sideways I´m talking about.
Also started to play with shoulder in - with reins though ;).
 
 

1 comment: